https://fioriinteriordesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Fiori-Interior-Design.png 0 0 tfiori https://fioriinteriordesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Fiori-Interior-Design.png tfiori2019-06-09 12:37:552021-12-21 11:58:30Perfectly imperfect handmade
My mother taught me the art of embroidery when I was seven years old. I often think about how those invaluable lessons she taught me then are easily “woven” into how I approach my work today.
- Have a plan. Know that all of your components are lined up in front of you before you even start.
- Have patience. Nothing worth anything is ever rushed. When things are rushed, they get sloppy and mistakes are made.
- What you see on the back end is just as important as what’s on the front. Loose ends on the back end will eventually unravel and show up on the front.
- Appreciate that while you are repeating the same stitch, not one is ever truly the same. That’s part of the beauty of the perfectly imperfect piece.
- Take pride in your work. Don’t be afraid to put it out there to share it with the world.
Incorporating unique, hand made pieces into each space I design breathes soul into a home. It elevates any space and gives it it’s own personal narrative.
What story does your home tell?